St. Clement Parish Athletic Committee
- Board and Committee Members -
Father Thomas Vala , Pastor
Mr. Tom Sweeney, PREP Director
Mrs. Phyllis Besso, Athletic Director
Mr. Robert McCloskey, Assistant Athletic Director
Mr. Christopher Kirby, Intramural Coordinator
Mr. James Besso
Mr. Gil Carmichael
Mr. William Giovanniello
Mr. Michael Lillis
Mr. John Hickey
Mrs. Michelle Branagan
Mr. Stephen Tomkins
Mts. Amy Tokins
The purpose of the St. Clement Parish Athletic program is to provide a fun, instructive and positive sporting environment where parish children can learn sportsmanship and the fundamentals of a sport(s) along with other life skills that are consistent with the teachings of the St. Clement Catholic community.
Selected committee members will be expected to:
- Help develop and maintain a program that promotes for as many Parish students as possible, a variety of age appropriate sporting experiences that provide a fun, self-esteem building environment where sport (s) fundamentals, sportsmanship and other life skills are taught and reinforced which are consistent with the teachings of the St. Clement Catholic community.
- Perform the necessary oversight of all SCAC activities.
- Make a concerted effort to attend and participate in all committee meetings.
- Actively volunteer for various board activities.
- Become knowledgeable of and follow all appropriate Diocese, Parish and Committee rules,policies, guidelines and regulations to the best of their ability.
- Maintain appropriate communication channels with other board members, various league constituencies, coaches, parents and players.
The committee meets a minimum of two times a year with various committee work on an as needed basis. Prior athletic participation or having a child in the program, while desirable, are not absolute requirements. Rather the board actively seeks to have a representative cross-section of all thepeople of the St. Clement Parish community.